Today I wanted to give just a post on a cheap beauty product which should be a staple in your products. It's Vaseline. Vaseline, or petroleum jelly, is a clear, waxy substance. I think it's one of the best products in the world and keep some on hand at all times.
- Use Vaseline as a lip balm. Most lip balms are made with a base of vaseline. Vaseline has the property of healing those chapped lips and at the same time giving you that dazzling, shiny smile. I love to especially use it in the Winter when my lips get super dry. If your lipsticks nearly finished, scrape out whatever's left and mix it with a tiny bit of vaseline to use it all up. Sometimes, when I wake up in the morning and can't find a lip colour I like, I'll open my 120 eyeshadow palette and mix a colour I like with a little Vaseline and voila!
- Eyelashes. I love big, bold, curly eyelashes!!! Unfortunately, lots of mascara can result in those eyelashes falling. Using a bit of vaseline on your eyelashes every night will condition them, making them stronger, thicker and healthier. Plus, you can even try replacing your mascara with vaseline. Just curl your eyelashes, using a mascara wand apply a little vaseline and your done! It will make your lashes beautiful and bold without damaging them.
- Run out of makeup remover? No need to fear. Just dab on a bit of Vaseline and rub off with a cotton ball.
- Perfume. Here's a tip I learnt recently. Rub it on your pulse points before spraying on your perfume. This is especially good because it will keep your perfume lasting longer throughout the day. It will also prevent the perfume from coming in contact with your skin which over a prolonged period may leave scarring.
- Teeth. Yep! All the girls in beauty pageants swipe on some Vaseline before going on stage, so why don't you rub on a little and flash those pearly whites!
- You can use vaseline on dry parts of your skin e.g. knees, elbows etc. It will nourish and moisturize, for a fraction of the price of other more expensive dry skin creams. Another alternative to this is Sorbelene which is just like Vaseline.
- Because of it's waxy substance, Vaseline can be used to tame hairs into place. Apply some onto those unruly eyebrows to keep them in shape. Another way I like to use it is to apply some Vaseline to the baby hairs near my hairline which like to stick out in all funny directions. However, the key to this use is to not overdo it! You don't want to look greasy or oily.
Until next time,